Christmas Tree Safety Tips
As with all things in your home, extra care needs to be taken.
As you will be putting electric lights on your tree please make sure that all plugs, lights and wiring are out of the way when watering your tree or watered by mistake or come into any form of contact with water.
- Only use good quality Christmas tree lights
- Make sure children and pets cannot tamper with any wiring
- Never use candles or oil fuelled lights on your Christmas tree and keep away from naked flames
- Never put trees next to naked light bulbs or leave hot lights on trees unattended. If you’re going out, switch them off
- Use a suitable and stable Christmas tree base
- Keep baubles and shiny objects away from the bottom branches if you have small children, they may try to pull them off and topple the tree